Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My mom and I took a long girls weekend and went on a cruise. I flew to Seattle Friday morning where I met my mom at the airport. We caught a taxi (my first one) to the ship. We got all checked in and then boarded the ship. I was surprised at how big it was. We had a buffet lunch and then checked out all the floors of the ship. Right before we left shore we had to do an evacuation drill. Everyone had to meet on the decks with our life jackets on. I could definitely do without that part of the trip. We finally left Seattle at around 5 PM. The next morning when we woke up we were in Victoria BC. We spent the day checking out the town before boarding the ship that afternoon. Saturday evening we went to a comedian show. It was hilarious. I laughed for an hour straight. Sunday morning we woke up outside of Nanaimo BC. The day was cool but beautiful. The town was pretty small so it didn't take long to see all the shops and sites. That evening I went to a show called "And the Winner is.." Sadly Monday came quickly and it was time to head home. I really look forward to going on another cruise. Next time I will plan it when I am not pregnant so I have more energy to stay up late and go to all the parties.


No comments: